The Saskatoon Gun Club is providing, at no cost, training for Juniors’ who have the size, strength and maturity to safely handle a firearm while learning the basics of shooting sports.
This program is for members and non-members who have boys or girls that are approximately 12 to under 18 years of age.
Juniors must take the basic training program in order to shoot with adults on the regular trap fields.
Juniors must demonstrate knowledge of safety rules and firearms handling as well as be competent at breaking the easier targets. Once satisfied, instructors will sign off on allowing students to move onto regular trap fields.
The following gear will be required:
- a proper fitting 12 or 20 gauge shotgun. If your gun does not fit properly we have several guns in our rental pool that are designed for smaller framed shooters.
- Eye and Ear protection are mandatory (we do have some that can be borrowed).
- Proper fitting clothing. In particular, baggy shirts often interfere with mounting the gun properly.
If you are interested in signing a junior up for training or you require any additional information please contact us at: email@example.com or call the Saskatoon Gun Club at 306-382-5315 during club hours.
Group Junior Shooting Days 2023
Fun afternoon of shooting in a group setting. All skill levels welcome. Please sign up at the club or by calling during club hours to reserve a spot.
- June 14, 2023: 6pm – 9pm.
- July 12, 2023: 6pm – 9pm.
- August 9, 2023: 6pm – 9pm.