- The first consideration is always safety, and it starts as soon as you start to remove your shotgun from your vehicle. Make sure your gun is not loaded by opening the breech, and look down the barrel to check for obstructions. Keep the breech open to let everyone see that it is safe; if you have an over/under or side-by-side, carry it broken open with the muzzle down or up in the air.
- At all times, treat the gun as if it is loaded.
- Everyone shall sign in upon arrival at the club as well as sign out when leaving.
- No one under the age of 18 is allowed to shoot without the supervision of an adult.
- ONLY Target loads #7.5 and smaller permitted.
- Eye & Ear protection is mandatory for all shooters.
- Only approved targets shall be shot at the range.
- No Alcohol or drugs may be consumed before shooting.
- Firearms MUST be unloaded at all times except at shooting position. When changing positions walk behind other shooters with the muzzle pointing downwards and breach open/empty.
- No off-shoulder shooting.
- Shooters are responsible for picking up empty hulls. Only pick up empty hulls once shooting is complete.
- Club reserves the right to refuse shooting privileges to persons with faulty firearms or ammunition; or persons in impaired physical condition to handle firearms.
- Only authorized persons should load or adjust target throwers.
- Never point a firearm at any person even though you know it is unloaded.
- Report all damage to range or equipment immediately.
Additional Items for Sporting Clays and 5-Stand
- Never put a shot shell into your gun until it is your turn, and you are in the box, barrel is through the uprights and you’re ready to shoot.
- If there is a malfunction or the gun does not fire, continue pointing the gun safely down range (through uprights). Then unload it or ask for assistance. The problem may be due to faulty ammo or a mechanical failure of the gun. If at any time a shot sounds light or different, stop immediately, unload, and check your barrel to make sure the wad has cleared and there are no obstructions.
- Never move off a station until your gun is open and safe.
Recreational and Competitive Shotgun Shooting Sports in Saskatoon and Area